Welcome to the work of Mark A. Bennett at Obscured Planet. We specialise in live events and capturing performance, music, theatre and art etc. (and love a challenge). The images displayed here are only a small selection of our current work and are presented here to give a feel of the type of materials we provide to clients. We are happy to discuss any ideas you might care to throw at us. We are always looking for opportunities; including working for NGO’s, media campaigns and any worthy cause that captures our hearts (often supporting these at very reduced rates and if we feel really moved; giving our services for free). Do we want to shoot ‘Circus High Wire’? Yes we do! Do we want to travel to Mongolia? Yes we do! Do people really offer us this type of thing? – yes they do!
Recent work includes:
- Working with GRAMMY Award nominated AFRO CELT SOUND SYSTEM producing live and promotional images. Formed by Grammy-nominated musician and record producer Simon Emmerson, Afro Celt Sound System are a European and African based collective who’ve been a ground-breaking force in music ever since they started. With sales now topping one and a half million albums and two Grammy nominations to date.
- Supporting GRAMMY-winning record producer Ian Brennan with images of the Malawi Mouse Boys for a CBS News ’60 minute’ piece.
- Documenting the amazing and ‘culturally threatened’ art of Kathakali (Malayalam: കഥകളി, kathakaḷi) – one of the major forms of classical Indian dance. Working with the artists in documenting the many hours of preparation prior to a performance and the spectacular artistry of the performers themselves.
- Supporting the work of the NGO ‘The Rising Child Nepal Foundation’ – travelling and working in the amazing country of Nepal.
- An ongoing project has been for an wonderful group of people that we have worked with for a number of years: ‘The World Famous’ who’s new book (Fireworking) features some of our images of their amazing work. The KICKSTARTER funded publication has been successful and the work is on sale now !
- HOT PRESS: Obscured Planet provides images for the new album DRUM STRUCK by the renowned musician and famed Dhol drummer, Johnny Kalsi of the Dhol Foundation.
If you have a project in mind then CONTACT US (links are in the menu above)
Mark A. Bennett